Broad observations made include:
- Both section of Burnley Street has higher car traffic than bicycle and pedestrian traffic.
- Cars take on average 15 seconds to travel the length of the street.
- Due to the lack of bicycles lanes and high car traffic, bicycle travel slowly and carefully through the street.
- The industrial side of the street has many car visitors through weekdays and on Saturday mornings. Visitors spend on average 15 minutes on site.
- At night, almost no bicycles and pedestrians pass through the industrial side of the street.
Although there is less traffic on weekends, the types of activities taking place on the street are more fruitful than on weekdays.
There are approximately 80 unmarked car park spaces available on site:
- 38x all-day parking spaces along East Burnley Street.
- 14x four hour parking under the bridge.
- 27x four hour parking along West Burnley Street.
- An average of 5 cars consistently park on site during weekdays and the weekend, they most likely belong to the residents.
- Around 43 cars park on the street all day on weekdays until late afternoon, they are likely local workers / people who drive to the station to take the train into the city.
- The car parking spaces are relatively empty and flexible during weekend.
- However, the car parking space are busy when there is an AFL or cricket match at night, likely used by people parking close to Burnley train station to then catch the train to the MCG.
- Existing routes, this and subsequent images copyright of author.
- Busyness of the streets.
- Traffic along East Burnley Street.
- Traffic along West Burnley Street.
- Actions on streets.
- Car parking.
- Use of car parking spaces.