50% of the streets in the Nicholls Ward of the City of Yarra were visited, photographed, mapped and diagrammed over a period of two weeks from 7th – 21st of August. I conducted this research in collaboration with Petar Petrov.
- The majority of the streets are residential streets.
- The majority of the buildings are residences, though there are commercial and hospitality, major and minor precincts.
- Less than 50% of the streets have access to green space i.e. abut a green space at any point along their length.
- Less than 10% of the streets have public transport running along them.
Analyses collected for the 115 streets visited within this precinct can be downloaded in .pdf format here (24Mb).
These streets reflect the general character of the Nicholls Ward – that of quiet, residential suburbs, located within walking distance of commercial, hospitality and recreational precincts.
- Nicholls Ward map, this and subsequent images copyright the author and fellow student, Petar Petrov.
- Nicholls Ward parks.
- Nicholls Ward building types.
- Nicholls Ward street types.
- Nicholls Ward transport types.
- Railway Street analysis.
- Brunswick Street analysis.